I have been delivering trainings in a wide variety of settings and subjects since 2011.
My approach to training is that everyone learns best when they have experiences, and ‘do’. We all take information in differently and I use a wide variety of techniques to make sure all who attend a training leave feeling more skilled.
My ‘train the trainer’ training, experience in my work as a therapist, mindfulness and workshop facilitator and University lecturer has allowed me to develop a fun, responsive and interactive way of delivering new information and ideas.
My intention with all trainings is for attendees to go away feeling more skilled. Not to just have more or new information, but having a real sense of how they will apply new ideas to their work in a meaningful and ‘doable’ way.
I have created bespoke trainings, such as:
- ‘First Response to Disclosure of Sexual Violence’ programme for the Europe wide project aimed at University staff, run in multiple Universities.
- ‘Applying Neuroscience Informed Approaches to Trauma Treatment’ for Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
- Managing the impact of empathy in care work.
- Modules on Difference and Diversity for Counselling students at Birkbeck University and many more.
- Self care for carers.
“The training managed to tackle the subject in a big way (the media, issues in society) and then brought it back to the immediate realities of supporting students/managing cases on a day to day basis. Also, having role-play is incredibly helpful and valuable.”
My first question to organisations requesting training is: What do you want attendees to know or be able to do when they leave, that they didn’t when they arrived?
Any creation of an experiential training will start from the answer to that question.
- Working with Trauma in a neuroscience and body informed ways
- Practical neuroscience informed skills for therapists
- Self care for Carers
- Using Mindfulness in Therapy
- Boundary setting with students/clients
- Responding to disclosures of sexual/domestic violence
- Understanding the impact of – childhood sexual abuse/sexual violence/domestic violence
- Difference and Diversity and many more.
Get in touch if there is a particular subject you’d like to discuss a training in that you don’t see here.
Feedback from attendees:
“This was one of the best training sessions I have ever attended, the trainer, Jessica Calvo was engaging, knowledgeable, open, non-judgemental, supportive, brilliant!”
“Discursive but clear position of Jessica on culpability not being affected by alcohol. Liked her clarity and boldness on this. Excellent training session. Really well delivered. Safe.”
“It gave me so much to think about and really helped me understand the role of our bodies in caring and empathising.”